SPRING & WINTER SESSIONS
- Players in the CRL league will be rostered on 1 team. (PLAYERS CAN SUB FOR OTHER TEAMS DURING THE SEASON)
- JERSEYS AND SOCKS ARE PROVIDED BY LEAGUE
- Players will play with the same number all season
- Team rosters will be entered on the website before the league starts by CRL Commissioner for season starts
- RINGER RULE– A PLAYER MAY ONLY SCORE 3 GOALS IN ONE SINGLE GAME. THE PLAYER THAT SCORES A 4TH GOAL THIS WILL RESULT IN A NO GOAL AND THE FACE OFF WILL BE IN TEAMS DEFENDING ZONE.
- Forfeits will be declared after the first period ends, and the team still doesn’t have enough players. Then the game is a forfeit, and the winning team wins 1-0.
- WARM-UPS: There will be 3-minute warm-ups before each game. Clock operator will click the buzzer how many minutes are on the clock to start warm-ups. Then games will start on time
- Teams must have at least SIX players (FIVE skaters plus one goalie) present to start the game. Goalies must have approved equipment (see below).
- A team can start a game without a designated goalie; however, if designated goalie (with approved equipment) does not show up with at least 10 minutes left in the 1st period, the game will be not declared a forfeit, only if the team with a goalie agrees to play.
- Pulling goalie in appropriate situations, i.e. delayed penalties or end of game, is still allowable.
- Player sub-Rule: Teams are allowed to sub up to 10 skaters and 1 goalie if needed to play the game. (Meaning if a team only has 7 skaters before the game the team captain can call on the sub list to find 3 more skaters to reach the 10 skaters for the game.) The league will provide each team CAPTAIN with team rosters of players they can call to play as a sub player. If a team is short a Player score of a 5 then a sub player needs to be the same player score.
- Games are three 15-minute periods running clock. The last 5 minutes in the 3rdperiod will be stop clock. If the score is a THREE goal different in the last five minutes in the 3rd period, the clock will be a run clock.
- SHOOT OUTS: During the 13 game Regular season. The shootout will go as follows.
- THE ANNOUNCER WILL PICK A CHIP FROM 1-5 TO DETERMAIN WHAT EVAL SCORE GOES FIRST. THE ANNOUNCER PICKS A 3 THEN THE SHOOT OUT STARTS AT THE EVAL SCORE OF 3 THEN WORKS IT WAY DOWN THEN BACK TO 5, 4, 3. THEN THE ANNOUNCER WILL ANNOUNCE EACH PLAYER THAT SHOOTS FROM THE LIST.
- IF THE SCORE IS STILL A TIED AFTER EACH TEAMS FIRST 3 SHOOTERS. TEAMS WILL CONTINUE WITH THE A SUDDEN DEATH WITH THE NEXT 3 SHOOTERS. IN ANY ORDER. BY ALTERNATING PENALTY SHOTS. THIS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL ONE OF THE TEAMS SCORES AND THE OTHER TEAM MISSES.
- PLAYERS THAT PLAY IN THE GAME AND DOES NOT TAKE THEIR TURN IN THE SHOOT-OUT ROTATION, BECAUSE THEY SAY THAT THEY ARE TIRED OR CLAIM THEY ARE INJURED AND ARE ON THE BENCH DURING THE SHOOT-OUT. THEN THE PLAYERS TURN WILL BE CONSIDER A MISSED SHOT. IF A PLAYER LEAVES THE ICE DURING THE GAME DUE TO INJURY. THEN THE SHOOT-OUT ROSTER PLAYERS MOVE UP A SPOT.
- SHOOT-OUT ROTATION. IF A TEAM IS MISSING PLAYERS FOR THE GAME, THEN THE PLAYER ROTATION MOVES UP TO TAKE THE PLACE OF THE MISSING PLAYERS.
- SUB PLAYER SHOOT-OUT ROTATION. ANY PLAYER THAT SUBS FOR A TEAM WILL SHOOT LAST FOR THE TEAM.
- Locker rooms will be assigned on the TV in the Scheels IcePlex Arena lobby. (THE LADIES WILL DRESS IN THE LOCKER ROOM ON THE WEST END OF THE ZUEGER RINK)
- Team Captains: Team Captains are picked by the league director of CRL. They will be captains of their team for 2 years. They will be able to pick their own assistant captain approved by the league director. (Not allowed to be assistant captains are family members, spouses, or any kind of relative to the captain)
- Captains & assistant captains are required to be at the league/team meetings & league evaluation games and league drafts. If unable to be at these league functions, one of the captains need to be represented at these league functions. The responsibilities of the Captains will be the liaison to the league director and their team.
- Captains are in charge of their team’s action on and off the ice and in the rink during the CRL nights. If a captain of their team misses more than 3 games/events during a session. The Assistant Captain will be the team’s new captain for the remainder of the session, and they can pick an assistant captain from their current team to finish the rest of the session.
- If the Assistant Captain misses more the 3 games/events in a session, they will also be replaced with a new AC from their current team, picked and approved by the new captain and the league director for the rest of the session.
- It will be up to the League Director and the remaining captain to decide to continue with the new captain or replace them with a new captain/assistant. Or if the new C/AC that filled in can also decide if they would like to continue as the captain to finish out the 2-year term as a captains. If both C/AC miss more than 3 games/events during a session, then the league will ask one of the players to step in as a captain for the remainder of the session. And then they can pick a current teammate to step in as AC for the remainder of the session. After the session is over, the league director will ask the new C/AC if they would like to continue as teams C/AC for the next session. If they choose not to continue. The league director will replace them with new C/AC.
- Each player on a team’s roster must sign a CRL Registration Form fill out with AAU Hockey # and paid in full before stepping on the ice.
- Rosters must be finalized by the 2nd week of play and can have a maximum of 13 players plus 1 goalie. (DONE BY THE LEAGUE DIRECTOR)
- Remaining balances on account must be paid by the end of the 2nd month.
- Points System
The Points system awards points to teams based on their record for the purpose of seeding the tournament brackets for playoffs. The following is the Traditional points system:
- Win = 2 Points / Tie/Shootout Loss = 1 Point / Loss = 0 Points
- PLAYOFF RULES
- League playoffs. #1 & #2 Will play a friendly game. While #3 v #6 then #4 vs #5. The losers of the 2 games will play a 2 game best 2 series. If tied, then will be a 5 min run time then a sudden death shootout. Where the announcer will pick a chip numbered 1-5 to see what player eval score goes first. Then it will work down from the list. The announcer will announce each player’s name from the list who shoots each time. Then the other teams will play a bracket style tournament. Each of these games end in a tie. Then it will also go into a 5-minute run time. First team to score wins. If still tied after the 5-minute run time. Then it will go to a 3 player shoot out. Announcer picking a chip to see what eval # that goes first. So, if the chip number is a 3 then it goes 3,2,1,5,4 from the shootout players list.
- PLAYOFF OVERTIME: If a game ends in a tie, a five-minute period will be played with the first team scoring the winner. If neither team scores, then they will move directly to a 3 player shoot out. Then “Sudden Death” shootout as described above. PLAYERS THAT HAVE A PENALTY IN THE LAST MINUTE OF THE GAME/OVERTIME WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO SHOOT IN THE SHOOTOUT.
- GOALIE PLAYOFF SUBS: If a team is needing a goalie due to the team’s goalie being gone for work or weather. Team captain can reach out to the other goalies that are not playing the night the team is needing a goalie. Captain may ask the CRL Adult Hockey Coordinator to determine if there are designated goalies allowed to play. Goalies that have not been playing in league and have not been cleared by CRL Adult Hockey Coordinator will not be permitted to play in playoff games.
- Players must play in at least FIVE games to be eligible for playoffs. This is to prevent bringing “ringers” into the league. Captains may write a formal letter of support for any player not meeting the five-game rule. The letter must be received before the 10th week of competition. The letter will be reviewed by the CRL Hockey Coordinator and team captains. Approval will be given on a case-by-case basis. Approval/Denial will be sent to the captain’s. (*UNLESS THE PLAYER WAS GONE DUE TO WORK OR HEALTH REASONS THEN THE PLAYER NEEDS TO APPEAL TO THE CRL COORDINATOR AND THE CAPTAINS FOR APPROVAL TO PLAY)
- Playing Rules
- CRL Adult Hockey League will be play under the AAU Hockey Rules and Code of Conduct.
- This a No checking league.
- Physical or verbal abuse of officials or players will not be tolerated under any circumstances. Any player involved in the abuse of officials or other players may be immediately ejected from the game and may face further disciplinary action.
- Fighting is prohibited and will result in an immediate ejection from the game and will be suspended indefinitely.
- Any player receiving three minor or two major penalties during the same game will be ejected from the game.
- Upon receiving a 3rd minor or 2nd major penalties the player must head to their locker room & the team captain will serve the penalty.
- If a player receives 3 game ejections in a season the player will be suspended from the season.
- Blue line icing will be enforced.
- WHEN A GOALIE comes out of crease during an icing. Then icing is waved off.
- Players must have the following approved equipment to play:
- Hockey skates, Shin pads, Helmet (NO TAPE CHIN STRAP IS NOT ALLOWED), Protective gloves, Elbow pads (must be covered by jersey), Hockey pants, Hockey stick
- Players must have the following approved equipment to play:
*** No one will be permitted to play without these items. Full equipment is encouraged including full face masks. Protective pads such as shoulder pads, braces, etc… must be worn beneath the uniform.
- Goalies must have the following approved equipment to play:
- Goalie skates, Regulation goalie leg pads, Chest protector covering entire chest and arms, Goalie Cup, HECC hockey approved helmet with facemask, Hockey Pants, Regulation goalie stick, Glove and Blocker
Two referees will be provided for each game. Their judgment must be respected. Only the captain may discuss a matter pertaining to the interpretation of the rules. Judgment calls may not be questioned. Any problems or concerns may be brought to the CRL Adult Hockey Coordinator have the authority to enforce Zero Tolerance Policy.
League Fines and Suspensions
- Any player involved in fighting, stick fighting, spitting on players/officials, kicking, or deliberately attempting to injure an opponent will be suspended from the CRL Adult Hockey League.
- Any player who verbally abuses or touches a referee in an opposing manner will be suspended from the CRL Adult Hockey League.
- Depending on the severity of the incident, the team will be assessed a fine and the player will be suspended at a minimum from their next scheduled game and depending on the severity of the incident may be suspended indefinitely from CRL Adult Ice Hockey.
- All suspensions are at the discretion of the CRL Adult Hockey Coordinator based on severity and will involve a review board using AAU Hockey Rules.
- The review board will be the team’s captain. one official and a score keeper. (The captain with the player with the infraction will not be part of the board at the time of the review.)